This Complyrpedia article covers the monthly Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC) inspection requirement of the Aboveground Petroleum Storage compliance program.
All tanks included in the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan should be inspected monthly. These inspections should include at a minimum:
- The condition of the tank.
- Presence of leaks (for tanks, piping, surrounding pavement and soil).
- Leak detection equipment.
- Condition of secondary containment.
- Presence of water in secondary containment.
- Drain valve position.
- Tank inventory mechanism.