This article summarizes Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC) employee training requirements for facilities that have an SPCC as part of their APSA compliance program.
SPCC employee training is required annually for all employees that would be involved in spill prevention or response. Specifically, the training needs to include:
- An overview of SPCC regulations.
- Site-specific SPCC Plan review.
- Proper operation, maintenance and inspection practices for oil storage, transfer, containment and equipment.
- Best management practices to prevent spills.
- What control measures are in place and how they should be maintained.
- Specific emergency response actions in the event of a spill.
- Safety during a spill response.
- Who to notify if a spill occurs.
- Recordkeeping requirements.
Learn More About Complyrs