Hazardous Communication Training is a task in the Hazardous Materials program in Complyrs.
If a facility is subject to hazardous materials standards it must provide training for employees responsible for handling hazardous materials. The Requirements of Hazcom Training
- Any operations in their work area where hazardous chemicals are present.
- The location and availability of the written hazard communication program, including the list(s) of hazardous chemicals and safety data sheets.
- The methods and observations that may be used to detect the presence or release of a hazardous chemical in work areas.
- The health hazards present at the workplace.
- Proper protective equipment use.
- Exposure prevention.
- Emergency procedures.
- Labeling standards for hazardous materials.
- Employee rights to:
- Personally receive information regarding hazardous chemicals to which they may be exposed.
- For their physician or collective bargaining agent to receive information regarding hazardous chemicals to which the employee may be exposed.
- Not face discharge or other discrimination due to the employee’s exercise of the rights afforded pursuant to the provisions of the Hazardous Substances Information and Training Act.
Hazardous communications training must be provided at least, once a year with additional refresher training provided within 30 days of any changes to chemicals, processes or protection standards.
Training should be documented with a summary of training content, who conducted the training and who received the training.
Learn More About Complyrs