The One page version of the emergency response plan is a task in the Hazardous Materials compliance program in Complyrs.
We advise facilities to have a one-page version emergency response plan. The plan should include emergency contact numbers and brief instructions on how to respond to an emergency. It should be posted in an easy-to-find location. A site map should be posted with it.
One Page Contingency Plan
Hazardous materials storage facilities must have easy access to emergency response information. This information should include:
- Contact information for emergency coordinators.
- Who to contact in the event of a hazardous materials release.
- Locations of emergency response equipment.
The San Diego County Department of Environmental Health provides an excellent template. It can be found here.
A Site Map that includes the following information should be posted in the same location:
- Location of emergency response equipment
- Location of hazardous materials and waste storage
- Locations of shut-offs for:
- Tank systems
- Dispensing systems
- Location of vulnerable storm-drains
- Location of sanitary sewer connections
- Employee evacuation routes
Facilities can use their public site plan to fulfill this purpose.