The Inspect hazardous waste storage area task is part of the Hazardous Waste Program on Complyrs.
Storage areas for hazardous waste should be inspected weekly. Weekly hazardous waste storage inspections should include:
- Containers are marked properly with the following information:
- Physical state
- Hazard properties
- Start date
- Containers are stored in accordance with generator status
- Large Quantity Generators (LQG) = 90 days or less
- Small Quantity Generators (SQG) = 180 days or less
- Check to ensure there are no container leaks or staining.
- All containers are closed.
- Ensure containers have no dents or corrosion.
- Confirm that Incompatible wastes are stored separately
- Verify that aisle are maintained to allow access to all containers.
- Check that secondary containment is liquid free.
- Include Inspector’s Initials with inspection documentation .
The San Diego County Department of Environmental Health, Hazardous Materials Division has an excellent form for documenting hazardous waste storage area inspections.
Learn More About Complyrs