The New Notice of Intent and SWPPP task is part of the Complyrs Industrial Stormwater Compliance program.
To submit a New Notice of Intent and submit a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), you must first:
At the most basic level, a SWPPP is a document that identifies potential sources of stormwater pollution, and describes methods and procedures to prevent that pollution. Therefore, a SWPPP should contain the following information (if applicable).
- Facility site map
- List of significant materials found onsite. (Take a look at your inventory list on CERS to help put this together.)
- Descriptions and assessments of potential pollution sources.
- A list of Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Annual site compliance review.
- Quarterly non-stormwater discharge observations.
- Stormwater discharge visual observations.
- Sampling methods and locations.
- Pollution prevention team.
- Signed certification.
Uploading the Completed SWPPP
Directions for uploading a completed SWPPP can be found in the SMARTS Dischargers Guide, in “4.0 NEW NOTICE OF INTENT (NOI),” on page 20.
A checklist for an Industrial General Permit SWPPP can be found here.
The US EPA has a guide to assist you in developing your own SWPPP here.
Learn More About Complyrs